SC - Re: New World Food Rant / Counter Rant

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Tue Feb 15 07:07:27 PST 2000

> Berengaria said
> Put me on the bandwagon here; I tell people to view
> period food as another ethnic cuisine, like Mexican
> or Thai or Greek.  I find that people will often own
> to not like a particular cuisine out of even the
> above short list, but it's much more rare to hear
> them going about telling others that Mexican food is
> "inedible" just because they don't like it themselves.

	I couldn't agree more. There is one danger to teaching kids to eat
everything however. My Dad taught my sons to eat oysters before they were
old enough for school and my stash wasn't safe again until the went into the
Marines. Margarite