SC - Dues?-OOP-OT

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 22:06:52 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/15/00 12:54:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
melcnewt at netins.net writes:

<< causing
 us to become contact people (as soon as we get our dues in). >>

Why do you have to 'get your dues in'? Being a paid member is not a requisite
for participating in SCA activities. If there is a group that requires this
they are in direct violation of the nonprofit laws that the SCA is organized
in under and in direct violation of SCA, Inc., policy. Such a requirement
could seriously jeopardize the continuing nonprofit status of the
organization.

Holding a major office requires paying dues to the Corporation but beyond
that all such requirements are invalid and completely against Corpora and
federal nonprofit law with regard to the type of legal entity the SCA is.

Ras