SC - New World Foods-rant (was: turkey)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 22:34:11 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/15/00 5:20:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gloning at Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE writes:

<< .....<snip>.......Sure, the recipe statistics looks different for other
cultures. Thank
you for pointing that out.

 Best,
 Thomas >>

Yes...all the sources His Grace posted are Andalusian sources which means
Spain which means Europe. To dismiss these sources as not European and as
equally valid as other European countries would be as absurd as dismissing
Forme of Curye because England is an island separated from the European
mainland, IMO. Other cultures than what? I fail to see the relevance of your
statement.

What is your point? European cultures are European cultures regardless of
their country of origin and certainly no culture was any less important than
any other. Each country had it's own culture and to single out a particular
culture over another seems to me to border on the line of absurdity.

I am not criticizing your post so much as trying to understand the logic
behind it. The fact remains that we have many hundreds of recipes dating from
pre-13th century CE Europe that can be used in feasts. The fact that they are
from Andalusia is totally irrelevant so far as there usefulness in
reproducing pre-13th century CE European feasts.

Ras