SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1894-Mundane Nobles

Wanda Pease wandapease at bigfoot.com
Wed Feb 16 21:52:53 PST 2000

>  Several year ago, when I was still titled, I took my great-aunt, Maria
> Terese, Grafin von Schellenburg, to a Drachenwald Coronet Tourney, in
> Cleves,(Ivarr was Prince) I think, and she enjoyed herself immensely!!
> Though she never really 'joined' on her own, she did pay for a
> membership and all. She never did develope a persona, but retained her
> mundane title and simply 'dressed up in period clothes' she even made
> her retainers (secretary, page, ladies maid, and chaffeur) dress up in
> antique livery!! I think we went to 5 events before she became too ill
> and died a while back. She remembered those times happily!
>
> Johann von Metten/ (of late, Baron Ritter) Marcus Johannes Karl Franz
> Josef Loidolt,(von Leichtenstien, von Gussen XVII)

Hi Johann!  I remember meeting you in Master Vasili's camp at Pennsic one
year!

It couldn't have been Ivar's (sp**t) Coronet tourney. At least not if it was
at Cleves.  Ivar won his great victory at Wuerzburg Fortress.  His first
Coronet Tourney was held at Nykoping (with an umlaut over the o) in Sweden.
After screwing that one up royally (pun intended) the second one was held at
the orders of the BoD and Crown of the East at the 12th Night/Investiture
site of Frankenstein Castle above Darmstadt.  If your Aunt saw that one she
certainly saw us in high drama.

Regina Romsey, 5th Viscountess Drachenwald
(short lady with the silver dragon coronet)