SC - OOP - Sucess!!

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Sat Feb 19 19:25:44 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 19 Feb 00,, that Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> A teaspoon of yeast is approximately 1 package.

I thought a package was about 2-1/4 teaspoons -- a short tablespoon.

> I buy baker's yeast in
> bulk from a healthfood store rather than the grocery for anbout 1/3 of the
> grocery price.  Baker's supply houses are also a good place to get bulk
> yeast (usually sold in 2 lb bags).  Keep your excess yeast in a jar in the
> refrigerator.
[snip]

> Bear

I buy my yeast in 2-pound bags at Costco.  I keep one working
container in the fridge, and the rest (in tightly-sealed plastic containers)
in the freezer.  Lasts for about a year.  Sometimes the tail-end of the
bag dies off before I can use it, but it's still much more cost-effective
than the little envelopes, or even the little jars.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net