SC - radish candy redactions?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Feb 21 23:28:01 PST 2000

Ian Gourdon of Glen Awe posted this recipe:
> Pynade
> Curye on Inglysch p. 79 (Diuersa Servicia no. 91)
>   For to make a pynade, tak hony and rotys of radich & grynd yt smal in
> a morter, & do to + at hony a quantite of broun sugur. Tak powder of
> peper & safroun & almandys, & do al togedere. Boyl hem long & held yt on
> a wet bord & let yt kele, & messe yt & do yt forth.

I think I understand most of this. Take honey and radish and grind it
small in a mortar. Add more honey and some brown sugar. Also grind
together pepper, saffron and almonds. Add this to the first mixture
and boil for a long time. Then pour out on a wet board, let cool and
slice and serve.

But I have no idea of the amounts to be used. We haven't done an online
redaction for awhile. What redaction would the rest of you come up with?

This sounds just wierd enough to be interesting.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net