SC - chicken broth questions

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:04:42 PST 2000

>And don't forget to add the feet.
>
>So i went to the nice Kosher butcher (this was in NYC) and told him
>what i wanted to do. And when i got home, there were two yellow feet.
>What did i know? And quite a surprise to someone who'd grown up in
>sanitized suburbia.
>
>So i put 'em in the stock pot with the other parts, including heart
>and gizzards (which i'd also never seen before), some salt and fresh
>parsley, carrots, celery (with leaves left on), and maybe a bay leaf
>or two.
>
>The moral is:  Don't forget the feet.

My husband's favorite dim sum is some sort of chicken foot dish. He slurps
and munches his way through it happily, depositing the little bones at the
side of the plate.  I'm not sure if he really enjoys it or just enjoys
offending the girls (13 and 15).  Actually, yes I do know--he really enjoys
food of all sorts.  I've tried it.  Tasty but an awful lot of work for not
much food so I don't make him share.

Bonne