SC - Distress in Trimaris

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 05:51:16 PST 2000

Greetings and salutations unto this most notable assemblage.

Over the years, I have been alternately (and sometimes simultaneously)
bemused and appalled by missives found in my Kingdom newsletters.  I think
I'm still in shock over this one, and have decided to share this latest
slap-in-the-face with y'all.  It's a dilly.

>From the Crown Princess of Trimaris, Anastasiya Zadorovc, OL:

"While I am on the subject of food, let me address feast in general.  More
than anything, his Highness and I want our populace to be able to eat the
food that their populace has paid for.  So when we step up, we request that
all Feastcrats endeavor to stay away from all period feasts.  We do not mind
if some removes are of a period nature, however, we wish other removes of a
more easily digested by the majority-of-the-populace nature!  We understand
the reason that totally period feasts are cooked, but in some cases our
populace is paying the price for historical accuracy: and their
twentieth-century palates (and sometimes tummies) are unable to appreciate
the research and effort that went into cooking that particular time period."

When I read this, I had to stop and go back and read it again.  In fact, I
have read this particular passage at least twenty times in the past 24 hours.
 I'm wondering if my reaction to this passage is going to dissipate, given
enough time to forget about it.  Am I wrong?  Is this just a moment of
unthinking lunacy, or are we here in Trimaris, who find cooking period feasts
to be one of our most joyous and delightful pastimes, just going to have to
suck it up and serve Happy Meals to high table?  I'm just dismayed at this
point to have the future Queen of Trimaris (traditionally, the patroness and
fosterer of the arts & sciences),who is herself a member of the Order of the
Laurel, plainly and most distressingly discourage the practitioners of our
particular art and science for the duration.  It's going to be a jungle of a
reign; if I start growling now, I'll never last.

Forgive my snarling.  Like all else which has come before, this too shall
pass.  Thanks for listenting.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmother
aka Baroness Dianna Wyndalan of Kidwelly