SC - picky eaters

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Feb 25 13:48:04 PST 2000

Laurene,

If your children are trult that picky, I would suggest that you not
bother to buy a feast ticket for them, but bring food from home. Or put
your foot down and say "Eat it or go hungry." (My tactic- it works but
it takes awhile. And yes, Mr. Picky would sooner skip a meal than eat
green beans. His problem.)

Changing the food for the majority to suit the minority is the SCA
cooks' bane. I would never expect the greater populace to accomodate to
my preferences (or allergies- I just avoid those dishes). It would be
far more useful to take the boys and show then the food being prepared,
and explaining how wonderful it all is ("Look! The same kind of chicken
as you eat in nuggets, but with a lovely white sauce!" etc.) and to
teach them to adapt to the world around them then to inadvertently teach
them that the world should adapt to them.

Just must two livres,

'Lainie
BTW, I have three teenagers who have grown up eating, serving, and
preparing period food, And I don't think they've ever gone hungry.