SC - Fw: [SD] Peppermint Rice

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Feb 26 22:01:11 PST 2000

Ok, the answer was supplied, so I thought I'd send it along here.
	Christianna

Source:  Medieval Holidays and Festivals by Madeliene Pelner Cosman,
Charles
Scribner's Sons, New York, 1981

2 cups raw rice
4 cups water
1/4 teaspoon salt, more or less to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons firmly packed crushed peppermint leaves, or 2 teaspoons
dried
peppermint crushed in a mortar with 2 tablespoons crushed fresh parsley
natural green food "paint"

In a large heavy saucepan, combine the rice, water, salt, butter, food
coloring, if desired, and peppermint paste.  Bring to a quick boil over a

high heat.

Cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed, about 12 to 15
minutes.
The rice should be a delicate green color.

For my faults,

Aethelthryth/Carol

as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/967/3/_/3813/_/951546149/

- -- Check out your group's private Chat room
- -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=southdowns&m=1