SC - PawPaws

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 02:47:02 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/27/00 5:42:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tinyzoo at aracnet.com writes:

<< I believe Pawpaws are a new-world food, >>

This is true but since the New World was settled well within period, it's
discussion is not out of place, IMO. Oftentimes in the spring we discuss
garden matters such as varieties and availability of plants, sources of seeds
and/or plants, and many other aspects of medieval agriculture and growing
period plants in the modern garden. Animal husbandry also is occasionally
discussed with the same purposes in mind. Many on the list actually grow and
use some of the foods they serve at feasts or small gatherings and the
sharing of agricultural information is invaluable toward creating the
understanding that medieval society and economics was based on agriculture
unlike modern society.

Ras