SC -menu & looking for recipes

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Tue Feb 29 10:10:08 PST 2000

> I have seen this 'custom' before. Why do shires. etc. put the same person in
> charge of every meal served?

Probably because the Autocrat thinks "Food = Feastocrat"
"Food" is probably a single line item in the event budget.

We used to do this locally, but the Feastocrats began delegating the
Dayboard to a subordinate, and then that became institutionalized
as separate operations with separate budgets.
If you wanted the dayboard, you indicated that in your reservation,
and paid a dollar extra, or whatever.
This can lead to a problem with identifying who has paid for lunch.

Lately, in my area, "Dayboards" have been run like a "merchant booth",
(sometimes as a fundraiser.), you pay a certain amount at the table and
get some food.  (Often just bread and stew, sometimes more "fancy" fare.)

This would be a good venue for more period small dishes, though...

This completely separated the responsibilities, and removed it from
the feast budget.

Brandu