SC - Freezing Bread Dough

Suzanne Powell scpowell at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 29 11:15:49 PST 2000

Thanks!  That's a great idea -- I'll see what I can do about purchasing some
dry ice.

- -- Suzanne

- ----Original Message Follows----
From: Magdalena <magdlena at earthlink.net>
To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: SC - Freezing Bread Dough
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:19:52 -0600

 > Do not store the dough for any length of time in a self defrosting
freezer.
 > The bread will start rising during the thaw cycles.  The dough really
needs
 > to be kept solidly frozen until your ready to use it, which may be a
problem
 > with Gulf Wars.
 >
 > Bear

The solution to the freezing problem is dry ice.  Buy a five pound block,
set it
in the cooler wrapped in plastic and a towel, and don't open the cooler more
than once a day.  It will keep everything frozen solid for between 4 and 7
days.

- -Magdalena