SC - Trimaran troubles - perhaps a solution?

Diana tantra at optonline.net
Tue Feb 29 15:50:56 PST 2000

Ok...I feel a need to put in my two cents here - not a flame - and not a put
down of either point of view.

I think it would be wise for HRH to post a correction on the web site
(whether by herself or whoever is managing that site) to revoke her insult
to those who can, and do, cook wonderful period feasts.

It may have been a 'whim', but it has (obviously) hurt many feelings.  If I
might try a stab at what she ***could*** post on the web site?:

"Good Gentles of our Kingdom,

It has come to my attention that His Highness and myself have caused hurt
feelings by our decree on feasts and period cooking.

While we did not intend harm, we wish to apologize to any we have insulted.
We would love to encourage those kitcheners to practice their art.  With
those who have had much experience such as (insert names of at least 3
exemplary cooks), we would ask and encourage them to take an interested cook
under their wing for our reign and create a feast for one of the events
during our reign that has at least (#) of period dishes.  It is all the
better if there are dishes that could appear to be more modern - as we all
know there are period dishes that are indistinguishable from modern ones."

As I said...I would love to see this matter come to a peaceful and agreeable
ending. Jehanne, I would encourage you to print out and present my email to
HRH.  Perhaps then we can put this matter behind us.

In Service to the Dream(my version TM)

Diana d'Avignon
residing in the East Kingdom