SC - Re: [Trimaris] Highnesses, Lownesses, and Period Cooking.

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Feb 29 23:41:55 PST 2000

hey all from Anne-Marie

DeeWolff sez:
>Ah, something we seem to do in period afterall.....Wasn't Master Chiquart
well known for his "snits"? Was he not well known for his unwillingness to
pander to the masses? Was he not an artist? As a cook, I aspire to be just
like my idol,except that I won't steal from other cooks and publish recipes
as my own and I will promise to keep my "snits" to a minimum......

actually Chiquart makes a point of stating that as the cuisnier, you also
have a responsiblity to accomodate the cooks for the visiting dignitaries
who will show up at your kitchen door and expect to cook for their lord or
lady, as they are fasting, or have special dietary requirements. To this
end, you will need to have the staff and supplies to help them.

can you imagine???!!!!!! Me, I dont share so good (and run with scissors,
too). My kitchen! MINE! MINE!! though it does have interesting connotations
for a monarch who chooses not to eat the cuisine presented by her devoted
populace...

:)
- --AM