SC - Re: Something Shaped as a Dragon?

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at aracnet.com
Fri Feb 4 11:52:24 PST 2000

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 12:46:12 -0500
From: Christine A Seelye-King <mermayde at juno.com>
Subject: SC - Year of the Dragon

We are going to some friend's house for the New Year's celebration
tomorow night, and I haven't figured out what to make yet.  Our hostess
is a very multi-cultural lady (let's see, her father is Black-Puerto
Rican, her mother is French-VietNamese, she was born in Germany, and
lives in Georgia now, married to a man from Bavaria) and a wonderful
cook.  Damon wants to take a box of Chun King Egg Rolls for laughs, along
with whatever wonderful food we can come up with.  I have some red bean
paste in my refridgerator that I've been wanting to do a dessert with for
some time, and something with that as a filling and shaped as a dragon
keeps poking around the corners of my mind.
- -----

Hey!  That sounds REALLY Cool!  If you come up with something that really
works (bread?) could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how you accomplished
that?  I'm wondering if I could translate my Bread Swan idea into a Bread
Dragon?  Maybe???  Have to think on this.  Please let me know what you
decide on!  :)

- ----
	Any ideas from the crowd?  I'm going to start looking in my Asian
cookbooks in a little bit, to see if I can come up with something
wonderful.  I was running through my old posts recently, and found the
ones about New Year's Foods, which included some on Jewish New Year's,
but none on Asian.
	The biggest problem is, she won't let us bring any fireworks :( ,
however I did get her to agree to sparklers :/  I guess we'll have to
blow some up here before we go there, or maybe work some into the food
display, innocently there for decoration, yeah, that's it!
	Christianna

You could maybe use some of those sparkler candles??  I have seen them even
in Fred Meyer, though more often in Party Stores.  They are larger and more
expensive of course, but they do make pretty sparks when you light them.

- -Laurene

                                 Happy New Millennium!
                                                 from
                             Heaven's Blessings Tiny Zoo