SC - mustard recipe from Epulario

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 16:12:03 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/4/2000 3:58:01 PM Mountain Standard Time,
chicagojo at uswest.net writes:

<<
 Help!
 I'm looking for the original of a mustard recipe from Epulario. (I've
 already packed my copy and cant remember which box it is in) It's the one
 that's a mustard for Travelers, you shape into balls or squares and at meal
 time just mix a little with liquid.
    Can anyone help?
    Zoe >>

To Make Mustard which may be carried in Bals.

Beat the mustard seed very small, then take grapes well stamped, adding
thereto Sinamon and Cloves, and make what fashion bals you will round or
square, and set them on a table to dry.  You may carry them whether you will.
 And when you will use them, temper them with a little verjuice, sodden wine,
or Bastard Wine.

Epulario