SC - Cuskeynoles

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 17:47:16 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/4/2000 4:50:01 PM Mountain Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<<  There are literally hundreds of period recipes waiting to be  redacted.
If
 your guild needs a list of sources for recipes, I would be happy to e-mail
 them to you. I am sure that you would then have little time for much else.
;-)

You wonderful man.  Actually we were looking up 16th century recipes for our
A&S in April.  After reading some of them outloud, it degenerated into a
cuskynole bashing thing of some sort.  Now I think that the whole guild
should make cuskynoles in pennance.  And we can freeze them and either use
them for our next revel, or bring them to Gulf Wars.

BTW, is there a problem with using apricots as a filling for cuskynoles?  I
was wondering if there is a corelation between cuskynoles and the fried pies
that my grandma made in Arkansas and Missouri.  She tried to tell me they
were english food, from a bunch of people who moved to the south when they
first colonized.  Any truth to this?

Aldyth