SC - Horrendous article about period food.

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sat Feb 5 16:34:09 PST 2000

I was doing a demo for girl scout leaders today and one of the women showed
me an article she had cut from her newspaper, entitled something like
"Sparrow's eggs and pease porridge - YUM".  I don't beleive that she said
which paper hers was, but the original came from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette,
sometime within the last month.  This was the absolute worst article on
period food I have ever seen in my life.
The author asserted that there was only flat unleavened bread.  There were no
ovens (how did they bake the bread???).  The only kitchen utensils were a
large pot, a dagger-like knife, and a ladle.  There was no spinach, no
brussels sprouts (they got the no corn, tomatoes and potatoes right).  The
article concluded with a recipe for Hanoney and listed as "Source", Fabulous
Feasts.

She is going to mail me a copy of the article, and I'll type it in - it's
very short.

Brangwayna Morgan