SC - barley bread

Bluwlf17 at cs.com Bluwlf17 at cs.com
Thu Feb 10 17:08:31 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/10/00 4:59:05 PM Central Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< To work properly, leavening needs gluten.  Barley has essentially no
gluten,
 so it doesn't rise much.  Leavened barley breads are made from a mixture of
 wheat and barley flour where the wheat provides the gluten.

 Bear >>
How about adding Gluten?  I work in a bakery where we add gluten to just
about every thing, cause my boss says, too much of it is lost in the
prosessing of flour.  I'm only an apprentice, and haven't studied up on it
much.  What do you think?

AdN