SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1881 A New World Feast

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Thu Feb 10 15:01:35 PST 2000

At 7:20 PM -0500 2/10/00, Kay Loidolt wrote:

>  Fortunately, sanity does exist, and no we didn't serve this at our
>feast, or have yet to try it ourselves. We served many tapas, a
>Catalonian tuna pie, Spanish Intoxicated Beef, and chicken with mole'
>sauce with patatas de pobres. We finished it off with a few milk ices.
>The feast went very well, and I can post a full menu if any are
>interested. We documented everything, and had a mix of new and old world
>ingredients.

By "documented everything" do you mean that you have recipes from
period for mole sauce, milk ices, etc.? Or do you mean that you have
period mentions from which you reconstructed recipes? Or do you mean
that some source somewhere asserts that these things existed in
period? Enquiring minds want to know--and are more interested the
closer to the beginning of the list the answer turns out to be.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/