SC - Feast menu

Jo Marie Friedel jazzi at alltel.net
Sun Feb 13 10:02:00 PST 2000

Greetings to the list,
 Tygre Marie delurking here to tell you that the feast for the Feast of
St Valentine in Stormsport, Aethelmearc, was a hit. Some time ago I
joined this list and asked for advice for this feast (my first real
period one) and since then I have been delving into research and
listening here gaining new knowledge and so I would like to thank the
members of this list for helping me to pull this off. I'm told the food
was wonderful and I was much complimented by good gentles, some of whom
I hold in high culinary esteem. We did not sell out feast as we were up
against a Royal Progress event, however most of the left-overs will be
frozen and used next weekend at our (royal requested) regional fighter
practice.

Menu for the Feast of St. Valentine

First course
    Blaunch porre- Golden Leeks and Onions (soup)
    Stuffed eyeron- Stuffed eggs
    Muscules in shelle- Mussels with wine and spices
    Salat- Mixed greens in vinnegarette
    French bread with herbed butter
Second course
    Tartes of onyoin- Cheese and onion tarts
    Tartes of champignons- Cheese and mushroom tarts
    Roast of bef-  Roasted beef with peppercorn sauce
    Frumenty- Wheat pilaf
    Cariota- Roasted carrots with herbs
    Champignones- Sautéed mushrooms with spices
Third course
    Syrosye- Cherry pudding
    Apple jelly candies
    Custard- Sweet egg custard
    The Castle- Pound cake with raspberry preserve filling and whipped
icing in the shape of-----A Castle