SC - Ninth century agriculture

Sun Feb 13 11:57:03 PST 2000

>  What you posted, Bear, is one of three
> fragments of inventories that preceded the De Villis. I've got that
> piece in Georges Duby's Rural Economy and Country Life in the Medieval
> West. Duby only gives two of the estate inventories and an edited
> version of the actual decrees.
>
> Valoise

I had wondered about that, the text seemed a little abbreviated.  Ogg's
Sourcebook of Medieval History dates from around 1912 and is edited from
scholarly translations of original sources for the benefit of
undergraduates.  Much of the source material on Charlemagne seems to have
been taken from German sources.

I hadn't come across Duby before, but the work sounds like something I want
to add to my collection.

Bear