SC - beavers/sensitive palates

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Sun Feb 13 17:40:47 PST 2000

Good question pops into my mind -
Does the list have an opinion [I know, stupid statement] on whether our
modern food with its comlpement of preservatives, chemicals and so forth
makes us less able to appreciate the flavors of medieval cooking? I was
playing with recipes and taking them to work to my fellow guinea pigs,
and some of the moer delicate goodies [apcian custards with very subdued
flavors, black pepper, honey, rose petals and the like; different spice
combo gingerbredes, marchpanes with rosewater and both types of
cinamon....most of them couldnt taste the difference between cinnamons!]
Since I tend to avoid fast food and prepackaged mixes, I don't tend to
be exposed to the additives, and seem to have no trouble with delicate
flavors and differencing battery chicken and free range 'organic'
chicken. They think I am , errr, strange to have this hobby, but they
like the food...
margali

All in all, the service of such animals would be most
appreciated by feasters that have extremely sensitive palates.

Ras