SC - OOP -- Happy Happy! Joy Joy!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 15 21:49:32 PST 2000

>   Guessing, from what I'd been told before
> when my family has made roasts, I put it in the oven at 200 degrees at about
> 5pm, and by the time I was finished moving all the furniture into my new
> apartment at 10:30pm, the place smelled great.  I then used a brown gravy mix
> to which I added the drippings and some cream of wheat.  Covered it in sliced
> mushrooms, smothered it in gravy, garnished with tomato poppers and put it back
> in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes.  The apartment still smells wonderful.

Congratulations on your buns and your meat.

While these files are oriented toward period food, I've tried several of
these recipes for regular meals as well as the roast I cooked two weeks
ago for my Royal Luncheon and they've been good.
roast-meats-msg   (49K)  1/28/00    Hints and period recipes for beef roasts.
roast-pork-msg    (17K)  9/30/99    Cooking pork roasts. Medieval recipes.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net