SC - Carrot candy

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Wed Feb 16 05:58:06 PST 2000

And it came to pass on 16 Feb 00,, that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> harper at idt.net writes:
>
> << They might be almost
>  *anything*.
>  Lady Brighid ni Chiarain >>
>
> As not a few found out after tasting and liking my dish of sheep's
> testicles served at the Known World Cooks get-together at Pennsic last
> year. Ahhhh...the memories. :-)

I was amongst those who ate and enjoyed your testicles.  And at this
recent event (on a Scottish tavern theme), I ate both the haggis (quite
good) and the blood sausage (bland and a bit dry).  But in all these
cases I knew in advance what I was eating.  People often like to know
what food is, for a variety of reasons.  One gentleman declined my offer
of carrot sweetmeats because he was in the middle of eating his
haggis.  Presumably he felt that the flavor combination would not be a
felicitous one.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann