SC - Pickled Onions and Eggs - Recipes pleas

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Feb 19 14:39:20 PST 2000

Yum, this sounds really good, and just when we were talking about Tavern
Foods for our Pennsic Party (yes, Damon and I are in charge of the
Meridian Pennsic Party again this year, so we are looking for period
tavern foods that are also more or less finger foods).  Is this supposed
to be from a period source, or does he know?  Since this seems to be from
a Spanish source, Lady Brighid, does it look familiar to you?
Christianna

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000 11:00:46 EST DianaFiona at aol.com writes:
>     It just so happens that the cook for our small Collegium at the
> end of last month is serving pickled eggs, so I asked him for his
recipe.
> No documentation, but at least it's already in a lage scale...........
;-)
>                 Ldy Diana

> OVOS MOLHO VINARETA A ALAGRAVE (PRESERVED EGGS)   (Serves 80)
>
> 84 (7 dozen) large chicken eggs
> cold water
<snip>