SC - Suggestions for a mushroom dish?

Gretchen M Beck grm+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Feb 22 14:40:18 PST 2000

Excerpts from internet.listserv.sca-cooks: 22-Feb-100 Re: SC -
Suggestions for a .. by Bronwynmgn at aol.com
> Did I miss something?  I can't see anything in the original that
suggests the
> bean paste should be put into pastry and fried.  It looks to me like you
> should serve the pureed beans hot with olive oil, pepper or cinnamon, and
> raisins.  More like refried beans.

No, you didn't, I think I did.  I've loaned out my copy of the
manuscript, but somewhere in the recipe for favetta it says that wrap
them in paste and fry them, and that ladies keep these in little boxes
for delicate nibbling.

Sorry about that.

toodles, margaret