SC - Suggestions for a mushroom dish?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 22 23:50:47 PST 2000

Lorix asked:

> I've got it covered for the rest of the meal, but
> would like to serve a period 'protein' dish for
> this 'category'.  I have been thinking about
> something containing a mix of nuts & mushrooms,
> but would welcome any suggestions and especially
> any recipes.

I know there are some mushroom dishes in this file in the
FOOD-VEGETABLES section of my Florilegium that are not pastries:
mushrooms-msg     (91K)  4/26/99    Period mushrooms. Recipes.

Perhaps this file in the same section might also be of interest. I
thought beans were often suggested as protein sources for vegetarians:
beans-msg        (111K)  1/29/99    Medieval, old-world beans. Recipes.

Or are the Old World beans not a good source of protein?
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net