SC - Pickled Onions and Eggs - Thank you !!

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Wed Feb 23 13:16:10 PST 2000

Greetings all,

Sorry I've been slow to respond, work sent me to Sydney on extremely short
notice.  Thank you for the pickling recipes. Thanks especially to Lady Diana
as I had been looking for a pickled egg recipe that didn't include ginger
(one of our number is deathly allergic) and this recipe looks particularly
scrummy.

Katherine, good to see you back on the list again, we need more Aussies
here, and if anyone here is coming to Rowany Festival, please stop by the
periodcamp and try the eggs.

Finally, if this kind of pickled recipe was not used, what would normally
have been served in a later period Western European tavern?  I think we have
ruled out stews which included meat and vegetables from this time frame, and
if there aren't any pickled nibblies - then what sort of food did they
serve?

Does anyone have any written accounts about foodstuffs in taverns?

Thanks and regards

Meliora.