SC - Distress in Trimaris - rebutal

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 16:40:27 PST 2000

Poster: <Elysant at aol.com>

>Lady Seton wrote:
>Being given the chance to taste what was eaten in the MA is a wonderful
>thing!  It expands one's horizons.  Gives a person a new experience.
<snip>
>having the opportunity to try something new at feast is a wonderful gift
that our >cooks give the populace.

I agree.....
>From what I've experienced, when people sign up for feasts at SCA events,
their expectation and anticipation is that they will get to eat a variety of
period dishes.  It feels as though we would be "duping" the feasters if the
dishes presented were not at least a reasonable attempt at this.

We all know that cooking, serving, and eating period feasts is part of the
dream we're trying to re-create here - a little corner of that dream that we
as cooks can enjoy bringing alive for the diners and ourselves.  There will
be a lot of disappointed people in Trimaris if this Royal wish is adhered to
methinks... :-(

Elysant