SC - Re: Beestings--where do you get them?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 26 15:36:59 PST 2000

Hauviette wrote:
>How do you obtain beestings? Is this available commercially?  Do you have a
>cow? I can't imagine finding a cow about to give birth, in order to wait for
>the 3rd milking.
>Is there a reasonable substitution?

Can't help you with the bee stings... I can't imagine how many one
would need to make a 1/2 cup...

But the third milking, well, first milking has most of the cream, 2nd
has less (would that be like 2 per cent milk - in the States here,
normal milk has 4 per cent cream, then there are 2 per cent, 1 per
cent, and non-fat available)

So, i'm guessing that third milking would be like 1 per cent...
Anyone know better?

Anahita al-shazhiyya