SC - New thread on an old topic.... Packing for events...

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at aracnet.com
Sun Feb 27 18:31:04 PST 2000

I really appreciated the post someone made about HOW to prepare for cooking
at SCA camping events (such as War, etc.) with the cutting up the meat and
putting it in the marianade and freezing it that way.  Having everything
pre-measured, and pre-mixed as much as possible.   Any more suggestions
like this one (with or without recipes!) would be greatly appreciated!!!

This is why:  I have never actually CAMPED at a camping event.  I attended
them twice as a day-tripper, and saw the tents, etc. and kinda how people
do it, but not really HOW TO do the whole camping thing.  You know?  Well,
since I have started my business with DK books, and I am very excited about
the Medieval titles that DK produces, a friend and I are hoping to have a
merchant booth at one or two events this coming season.  (SCARRY, HUH???)
So what this means basically is that I will be busy most of the time with
the merchant booth, trading off occasionally with my friend for breaks, and
won't really have time to cook.  My husband is not all THAT excited about
attending SCA events, so I do not want him to feel under a great deal of
pressure to handle a lot of mundane chores while I am working.  He will
have charge of our 3 children, which is QUITE a chore enough.  So, if we do
manage to pull this off, how can I help make this the least miserable
experience for my husband as possible?

- -Laurene
PS- I am as of this moment NINE digests behind in this mailing list!!!  I
do not know HOW I am ever going to catch up.  I am trying hard, but they
keep coming in droves!!!  ACK!!!  If you could carbon-copy direct email