Cooking opportunities (was Re: SC - Public Consumption [Was Distress in Trimaris])

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 27 19:18:07 PST 2000

In the vain of new and adventurous roads of cookery in our hobby, I owe a great debt to my Laurel for affording me an opportunity to present my craft in a manner rather uncommon in these parts.  She has commissioned me to present food for a 'dinner party' she is plannig for a number of invited guests at an Event this spring.  She has requested that it be all historical recipes, any cuisine is acceptable as long as the menu is of one cuisine rather than a cacophony, and she is making arrangements for the cost of the expedition d' cuisine.  The entire atmosphere has been requested to be as appropriate as plausibe given time and resources.

Her premise is that a lady of her Station (a landed Baroness and peer of the Realm) would certainly have entertained and had a cook in her employ.  I rather hope this comes off as well as I anticipate so that others will her of it and take the lead. The possibility is that some of our more renowned cooks will develop patrons who commission their work and take 'turns' hosting these small feasts at events in an effort to offer new experiences for guests, hosts, and cooks alike.

I will post mnu and results to the list as they come available.  there will most certainly be a whole spit-roasted animal of some sort in there to make a glorious presentation.  The event is over Memorial Day, so info will be a while as I research 14th - 15th century Italian Cuisine(s).

pacem et bonum,

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:

Cathy Harding wrote:

> Hi Seumas,
> William and I plus fjorleith will be at Egils.  While we will be occupied in
> the merchant booth much of the time, I would be happy to help out in a
> period food demo type thing
>
> Maeve (old used Crier Editor)

Heh, heh, heh, I'm getting into all sorts of trouble here......I wonder
if it's just a coincidence that 'Lainie's away for the weekend......I'm
having evil thoughts of providing worker treats of both tasty historic
cookery (despite experienced advice to the contrary), and the really
synthetic stuff (I just gotta remember to bring my green industrial
chemical resistant gloves....).

Seumas