Bad period Feasts (was SC - Re: Distress in Trimaris)

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Mon Feb 28 13:10:07 PST 2000

>  They were often done by artsy types who
> tried to show how artsy they were instead of cooks wanting to feed
> people.
> I'll never forget the "raisin feast" ugh. But I've had bad feasts in all
> venues.
> It is only recently here in Ansteorra that "period" does not immediately
> equate with "bad". There were some good period feasts but not enough to
> change the collective kingdom's mind.

This sounds very much like out here in the East.
I'll never forget the Twelfth Night feast which was done entirely of
pickled foods, some of them rather poorly done. The rationale was "in the
winter that would be the only type of food available".

A legendarily inedible "period" feast.

Luckily, the impressions you speak of has been changing, of late, due to
_Really Good_ cooks going into the kitchens, cooks like Adamantius and
Joram.

Thank god!

Brandu