SC - Islamic alchohol?

Tue Feb 29 07:09:46 PST 2000

The prime difference in the political dogma of the Sunni and the Shia is
that the Sunni accept the traditional order of the caliphs who followed
Mohammed, while the Shia hold that the 4th caliph, Ali, represents the true
line of descent of religious authority.

The Sunni are divided by ritual and law into Hanafites, Malikites, Shafites,
and Hanbalites.  These probably represent the four major schools of law
Hattox mentions.

In general, the Shia are stricter in interpretation than the Sunni.

Bear