SC - Highnesses, Lownesses, and Period Cooking.

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Feb 29 17:41:22 PST 2000

>Anyway, if Lance or I seem to have been putting ourselves forward in her
>defence, it is understandable. We're retainers (Lance is in her household,
>I'm not) and wouldn't be able to look at ourselves in the mirror if we sat
>around as people attacked the Princess who is unable to defend herself in
>this medium. (If you haven't seen any attacks, assume you're on the wrong
>mailing list.)

A question--on the obligations of retainers:

Suppose you conclude that the attacks are correct and Her Highness is
wrong. Could you look at yourself in your mirror if you didn't point
out Her Highness's error and do everything you could to persuade her
to correct it?

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/