SC - Trimarian Bru-ha-ha

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Tue Feb 29 22:21:41 PST 2000

Unto the gentles of the SCA Cook's List,
Does Mistress Christianna MacGrain Sendeth Greetings,
	Good Gentles,
		I have been following the discussion surrounding the words of the
Trimarian Princess for several days now.  I have forwarded some useful
ideas to our local Cook's list to encourage discussion amongst us.   I
read with interest the many solutions posed by members of this list to
deal with such a Royal edict.
	I have become increasingly distressed at the nature of the posts in the
last day or so.  True, the public letter from HRH was ill-advised at
best.  I take my cooking, eating, feasting and fun very seriously.
However, there has been a turn towards the personal, hateful, and
unproductive in the last day or so, and some of what I have read is
nothing short of Treason.  (Laugh if you will, but there it is.)
	I rue the fact that HRH has seen fit to proclaim such a preference, but
will try to work in my area to insure that similar attitudes are
addressed and debunked, if possible.  I will encourage other cooks to
continue to produce period, tasty food.  But, I do not wish to sit by and
see us degenerate this discussion into a mud-slinging fest (for a food
fight might surely follow, and there's not much I hate worse than a food
fight - grrr...).  Let us please remember our gentility and desire to
have FUN, and cease the destructive bent we are currently on.
	Thank you,
	Christianna