SC - Cuskeynoles

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Wed Feb 2 06:11:53 PST 2000

> I doubt there are few, if any, who consider your asking
> your question "stupid".
I certainly don't.
As my old granddad used to say...
The only "Stupid" question is an _unasked_ one!!

BTW. If you are new to the list, be sure to check out Stefan's Florilegium!!
This is a wealth of sources and often a distillation of excellent research.
YOu will find some absolutely MAHvelous info in there. Days of browsing
will not touch it all!!

BTW, Stefan, re: the discussion we had earlier on Maple Syrup... I have not
been able to find the reference that will back up my assertions.
Please note this in the Floriligium file where you have posted my earlier
messages. I do not want my assertions to be used as a reference
until I can back it up.
I do know that the Elizabethan English were aware of a Russian drink
made from the sap of the Birch tree, well in period. This was noted in
the letters of the Muscovy Company, and is excerpted in Hakluyts "Voyages"
which was published in the late 1500's.
Perhaps I am confusing the two references. I am no longer sure. I will
continue to try to find the reference I was thinking of.

brandu