SC - Thanks from the Princess

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Wed Feb 2 23:28:41 PST 2000

I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions for cooking and dining related
things that a Princess could do. Many of them will be incorporated into this
reign; your suggestions even inspired me to create some for myself!

For example,
- -	I will be requesting recipes for foods cooked for Oerthan events during the
reign. I'm not particularly looking for authentic foods but the foods people
make and have made for feasts and potlucks and really enjoy. There are a couple
of cooking guilds in the Principality but I'm not sure how much sharing goes on
around Oertha. The idea is to collect the recipes then put them into a handout
which will be given to any one who wants one and then keep some spares with the
Principality regalia to give as gifts to visitors. I haven't announced this
quite yet because I've listed my Ladies of the Chamber as contact points but I
haven't talked to all of them about it yet. You listening Morgana and Angustius?
The letter should be coming out soon.

- -	We will be reserving a couple of spaces at high table (when it doesn't
cause undo hardship on the autocrats) so that folks who have done things we find
noteworthy have a chance to visit and dine with us.

- -	For those who are in charge of feasts I will be giving a small bag of
spices (long pepper, galingale, cubebs, grains of paradise and saffron) which
are difficult to obtain in Oertha. Hopefully, this will inspire cooks to try out
some period recipes using those spices. Besides, this is a bit more of a
concrete "thank you" which can be useful in the future. We in Oertha also call
forth our cooking and serving staff during feast to thank them and cheer them
but often the cooks are so preoccupied with getting the next course out, they
miss the cheers and don't have time the enjoy the thanks.

- -	We're trying to figure out who has received the Oerthan cooking award, the
Silver Ulu, so we know who may have not yet received that recognition. Somehow,
principality awards lists are lacking a lot of specifics. Nevertheless, we hope
to be able to award it during this reign as there are many who play in the
culinary arts with great skill.

I'm still delighted to receive suggestions. The collective group comes up with
terrific ideas and discussions and I really appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, Principessa