SC - Florilegium

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Feb 6 19:14:29 PST 2000

Wilthain Westbram suggested:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
> > Well, I'm open to suggestions that would make the Florilegium easier to
> > use.
> >
> > The contents are not searchable at this time. <snip>--
>
> Stefan .. go here http://www.atomz.com/wm/

Thanks, Wilthain. I took a look there to see if that might be a quick
alternative until we get our own up or perhaps better than what we
have planned. Unfortunately it is only free for sites with less than
500 pages. The Florilegium site, at this time, is (1200+ files x 3 versions
of each file) + overhead index files = >3800 pages. So much larger than
this.
They did say larger sites could use it for $75 per year. There are other
free commercial search sites out there, but most require a minimum of an
extra commercial, banner or icon on your page.  In the past, I've thought
some folks might balk at this.

I will keep this in mind if our own efforts don't yield an acceptable
search engine soon.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net