SC - Horrendous article about period food.

Bluwlf17 at cs.com Bluwlf17 at cs.com
Mon Feb 7 14:46:34 PST 2000

Hello, I'm new to the SCA and hopeing to become a great feastcrat.  I'm not
that knowleged
in period food, but the author of this article is refering to "plain
peasants' fare".  I can beleive most of what they wrote, and agree about the
bread.  Also, it is possible to cook bread on a hearth. Though some small
villages had community ovens, it was highly unlikly that anybody had a
suitable baking oven in their home.  If anyone can find it documented
otherwise, please let me know.  I'd hate to stand by a missinformed statement.

Antonio de Navarre