SC - why is it out of favor?

B. M. Crumb kerelsen at ptd.net
Wed Feb 9 17:08:02 PST 2000

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> I never actually read the book, but why is it out of favor?
> Phillipa Seton
>
> << _World Lit Only By Fire_ >>

Go to amazon.com and type it into the search box.  When it comes
up in search results, click on the link and then read the reviews
of the material. Kirkus Reviews really panned it, and if it's an
accurate review, I would say that it's no wonder the article in
the paper was so messed up.

What gets me is that I don't remember her ever saying that she
was focusing precisely on the year 1000 A.D.  When the term
"Middle Ages" is used generally, it tends to bring up mental
visions in most people of the 13th and 14th centuries, not the
11th.

Bernadette