SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #1881 A New World Feast

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Thu Feb 10 17:54:32 PST 2000

Seanan wrote:
>Yep, for those who
>don't know what this critter is, it's guinea pig. Pretty period stuff,
>and USDA inspected.
> Fortunately, sanity does exist, and no we didn't serve this at our
>feast, or have yet to try it ourselves.

Oh, why not? After all, pigs is pigs ...

"Guinea-pigs, or dago pigs or Irish pigs is all the same to the Interurban
Express Company an' to Mike Flannery. Th' nationality of the pig creates no
differentiality in the
rate, Misther Morehouse! 'Twould be the same was they Dutch pigs or Rooshun
pigs. Mike Flannery," he added, "is here to tind to the expriss business and
not to hould conversation wid dago pigs in sivinteen languages fer to
discover be they Chinese or Tipperary by birth an'nativity."

Nanna