SC - Ode to a haggis

rachel mccormack rachel_lothian at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 02:14:35 PST 2000

Being born and brought up in Scotland, I must rise in
defence of the humble haggis. Made well by highly
qualified butchers, it is on a par to any of the black
sausages that I've eaten here or in France. I have to
confess that from a can it was probably one of the
most disgusting experiences of my life (except for the
time I ate callos madrileños, tripe Madrid style, from
a can - it made Big Macs appetizing). Also, eaten with
mashed potatoes (not period, I know, but we survived
the 19th and most of the 20th century on them) and
mashed turnip it makes for a very nice meal.
Rachel McCormack
Barcelona, Spain