SC - Ode to a haggis

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 15 21:58:31 PST 2000

Rachel McCormack said:
> Being born and brought up in Scotland, I must rise in
> defence of the humble haggis. Made well by highly
> qualified butchers, it is on a par to any of the black
> sausages that I've eaten here or in France. I have to
> confess that from a can it was probably one of the
> most disgusting experiences of my life...

Yes, I've heard that comment on the canned haggis from others.

What are "black" sausages? Those made with blood?

For some more info on haggis and sausages, in my FOOD section:
haggis-msg        (79K) 10/ 6/99    Scottish haggis recipes. comments on haggis.
sausages-msg      (86K) 10/20/99    Period sausages. Making sausage.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net