SC - A funny thing happened to me in the cooking store...

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 16 21:01:51 PST 2000

Seumas said:
>  They had some new rolling
> pins. Very simple design, long and thin, with no handles (neither the
> thicker, shorter US style with handles, nor the long, thin tapered
> French style I also know).

Oh! Until you said this I didn't realize there could be a different
shape than what I've seen here, the cylinder with a handle on each
end. Does this French style have handles on both ends with a cylinder
tapering from a larger to smaller circle? It would seem to roll in
a circle rather than straight in that case. Or is it wider around in
the middle than the ends, like a wooden barrel? Or it a cone with
only one handle?

So Adamantius, you said you had seen some post-period rolling pins,
what shape were they? Makes my original question of period rolling
pins even more interesting.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net