SC - Icelandic Turkey

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Feb 20 19:45:49 PST 2000

Well, Akim would be proud of me.  Tonight for dinner, I made Icelandic
Turkey.  I had this boneless turkey breast thawed out.  Frozen pie
rounds, some bacon, rubbed sage leaves, s&p, and away we went.  The
turkey breast was actually one side of a turkey, which I split in half.
I laid them out in what ended up looking like calzones.  I cooked them
for about an hour and a half at 325 degrees.  They were just wonderful.
I really liked this when I did it with chicken, but it is absolutely the
best way to eat turkey breast, which I normally find quite dry,
regardless of technique.  I believe I will do this next Thanksgiving, or
whenever I am called next to cook a turkey breast.
	Yum, yum, yum.
	Christianna