SC - Pork or Boar in the Holy Land

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Feb 20 22:19:44 PST 2000

In a message dated 2/20/00 9:26:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dcushenan at bfree.on.ca writes:

<< Frankish Kingdom in the
 Holy Land during the first year of its establishment. I want to serve pork
 but am unable to find a source that is was available. >>

Hmmm....I suspect that because the majority of the population consisted of
Jews and those of the Islamic faith pork would have been very difficult to
come by. Such service at a nobleman's feast in that area of the world would,
by necessity, be confined to only those who were Christian in faith as it
would be very insulting to serve such a meat at a table where there was any
possibility of Jewish or Islamic guests.

Ras