SC - Strawberye

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Mon Feb 21 06:09:40 PST 2000

	Bran wrote: Strawberye
	Take Strawberys, & Waysshe hem in tyme of yere in gode red wyne; ?an
strayne ?orwe a clo?e, & do hem in a potte with gode Almaunde mylke, a-lay
it with Amyndoun o?er with ?e flowre of Rys, & make it chargeaunt and lat it
boyle, and do ?er-in Roysonys of coraunce, Safroun, Pepir, Sugre grete
plente,
	pouder Gyngere, Canel, Galyngale; poynte it with Vynegre, & a lytil
whyte
	grece put ?er-to; coloure it with Alkenade, & droppe it a-bowte,
plante it
	with ?e graynys of Pome-garnad, & ?an serue it forth.

I've also made this recipe a couple of times and to be honest, if you can't
find it, don't worry about the alkanet. The pottage turns quite red and the
alkanet didn't have much impact on the coloring however much was put in. And
it certainly doesn't do much for taste!
It's a very nice dessert however, and I recommend it.

Ciao
Lucretzia